Date:      Sun, 11 Mar 2012 11:12:11 +0330
From:      h bagade <bagadeh@gmail.com>
To:        Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@acm.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: problem with vlan interfaces tagging/untagging in a simulated switch box
References:  <CAKWOZ6VH5Jv9kd-QuCM3oiukwTUajMAOvmGeg1uofNa4A3UXjA@mail.gmail.com> <20120305084359.GA56606@server.vk2pj.dyndns.org> <CAKWOZ6Vog_uxEn8ea4Jm=RS_R0PHZ0Y9jndsFdn8OfHC5gPCNg@mail.gmail.com> <20120305222811.GA64183@server.vk2pj.dyndns.org> <CAKWOZ6Uqwgw7ro=_Sn8ycUPtC2BAYiAuBKza4W8-WL-gNScKrg@mail.gmail.com> <20120306074655.GA71641@server.vk2pj.dyndns.org> <CAKWOZ6WrYrFso7nhxqi_5Nm0Z8_YWNJwt5FaAjVS3dEeBRjCOA@mail.gmail.com>

Sorry my last post was sent out suddenly by pressing a key, I don't
yet know even which one! the compelete post is written down here.

let me explain my problem with this type of topology when I want to
simulate a switch like cisco

                 eth0 -+

                 eth1 -+ --- bridge1 --- vlan9 --+-- eth4  -----
outside of switch
                                                                        |      |
                 eth2 -+ --- bridge2 --- vlan8 --+      |

                 eth3 -+ ------------ bridge3 -----------+

In above example, eth0 and eth1 are vlan9 ports which means that
traffic coming from these ports are sent out eth4(trunk port) with
vlan9 tag. the same for eth2 which is vlan8 port. eth3 is the port
with vlan id equal to native vlan on eth4. the native vlans are those
vlans which would not tag across trunk port, so traffic comes from
eth3 pass the trunk port(eth4) untagged.

the scenario works fine without eth3! it means that when eth3 is
excluded from the topology, the other ports are tagged the proper vlan
tag when going through eth4. As eth3 is added the all traffic receives
on eth4 are passed to eth3 with out cheching vlan tags! this is due to
bridge between eth3 and eth4! but I don't know how to correct the
scenario that eth3 packets to be not tagged through eth4 without
disturbing the function of other parts!

I would be very glad if someone help me on this important problem I've
encountered.