Date:      Thu, 02 Oct 2003 22:26:10 -0700
From:      "Will Kessler" <kessler@willkessler.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   install mozilla without root permission

Hello,

I am a poor unpriv'd user on a shared freebsd system which has no installed=
 browser.

 I'd like to install mozilla but cannot secure root or even pseudo privs to=
 do it using a package. Is there any way to just install it in my local=
 home dir? I've also tried biulding from source, after building gtk and=
 glib, but this fails due to other dependencies.

Normally I develop under solaris and linux, for which i can get executables=
 that seem to run in their own dir, so i'm less familiar with freebsd=
 (although pkg_add sounds a bit like pkgadd under solaris).

Any pointers/help appreciated!  Opera just doesn't cut the mustard, I=
 really don't want to use any MSFT products,  and googling revealed few=
 clues.

THanks in advance,

Will Kessler
Email me at: kessler@willkessler.com
See my web site at : http://www.willkessler.com

PS I run vnc to get X up and this starts fine.