Date:      Thu, 18 Jul 2002 01:26:25 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Vahe Khachikyan <vahe@fh-konstanz.de>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How did I break CCC?

Hi list,

Can please anybody spread a little bit light on how did I managed to
brake the ccc ?
I do nothing specific about ccc I've just updated the source tree.
But it MUST have nothing to do with CCC :-((
Sorry for pasting output here but I have no any idea how i broke the
GOT DAMN ccc.

------------------ CONSOLE ----------------------------

alpha# /usr/bin/ccc -E tests.c > out.i
cc: Warning: //usr/lib/compaq/ccc-6.4.9.005-1/alpha-freebsd/include/stdio.h,
line 23: The redefinition of the macro "__attribute__" conflicts with a current
definition because the spelling of one or more parameters is different.  The
redefinition is now in effect. (macroredef)
#define __attribute__(x)
----------------------^
alpha# cat tests.c
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <stdio.h>

alpha# /usr/bin/ccc -E test1.c > out.i
alpha# cat test1.c
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

---------------------- END OF CONSOLE-------------------------------

If I do more than just preprocessing then i get a couple of errors all having
the warning above as their root.

As you can see where stdio.h is included first ccc gives no warnings at all,
however there will be a couple of errors if I'll do compilation instead of
preprocessing. It will look then like

----------------CONSOLE-------------------------
alpha# /usr/bin/ccc -c test1.c > out.i
cc: Error: /usr/include/libio.h, line 363: Ill-formed parameter type list.
(parmtyplist)
extern int _IO_vfscanf __P ((_IO_FILE * __restrict, const char * __restrict,
-----------------------^

---------------END OF CONSOLE-------------------

The outut of ccc -v gives me the following details

comp.config contains:   | -SysIncDir
//usr/lib/compaq/ccc-6.4.9.005-1/alpha-freebsd/include -SysIncDir
/usr/local/include  -L//usr/lib/compaq/ccc-6.4.9.005-1/alpha-freebsd/lib
-L/usr/local/lib

Any idea is welcome!

--
Vahe