Date:      Mon, 16 Mar 1998 18:51:21 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@freebie.dcfinc.com>
To:        gilham@csl.sri.com (Fred Gilham)
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: stty erase ^H ?

> So to summarize, setting the <-- key to produce a delete character
> will make many people happy and will not inconvenience others.

Except me, who leaves the STTY settings the way they have been since I
started UNIX hacking in about '83.

Which is, DEL (0xff) is the interrupt character, and BS (0x08)
backspaces.  You'd leave me with two ways to backspace, but I'd have to
pick some other MS-DOS abomination like CNTL-C (0x03) to be able to
interrupt running jobs.
	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL22)                 Brother, can you paradigm?
602-953-1392  chad@dcfinc.com  chad@anasazi.com  larson1@home.com