Date:      Wed, 02 Sep 1998 10:27:08 +0100
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        George Rachor <george@racsys.rt.rain.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Video -> network

George,

> I'd like to be able to take live video from my winTV card and pump it
> out locally to other systems within my home.  Can this be done with
> BSD?

Yep.
Two ways. If you want a small window and low frame rate, you can
use a remote X session and run FXTV over your ethernet.
It will saturate your ethernet and give around 2 frame per second for
a smallish window.

Really you need some real time video compression/decompression
software. The best source for that would be vic.
Then you can use vat for the audio too.

Bye
Roger