Date:      Wed, 7 Jun 1995 23:31:45 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        jleppek@suw2k.ess.harris.com (James Leppek)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: silo overflows

As James Leppek wrote:

> The only bus hogging DMA I could think of is the 1542CF but it is
> at the default settings which I thought were safe.

Adaptec's 154X controllers are the most `famous' bus hogs.  They do
also cause all sort of troubles with floppy DMA operations (even
though the FDC DMA overrun conditions are hidden from the user, but
you will notice a _drastical_ floppy throughput drop when doing
simultaneous operations on an AHA-154X controlled SCSI bus).

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/