Date:      Sat, 30 Mar 1996 17:11:00 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Quantum Hard Drives

Hi...

	After cursing with SCSI bus hangs for the past week or so, I've
finally narrowed it down to what Gary told me...its the Conner 1Gig
drive that is giving me the problems.

	Yesterday, I installed a second SCSI controller into the machine,
moving the Quantum drives to one, and leaving the Conner drives on the
other...the system froze up today, and the Adaptec 1542CF's "LED" was
completely off, leaving the NCR controller being locked up.

	As such, I'm ditching Conner, getting rid of that drive and
putting in a Quantum drive.

	Before I purchase one to replace the Conner...any caveats?
Models that are known to have problems?  I'm not going for a 7200rpm
drive, as I don't need it, and don't like the fact that they run *so*
hot.

	Thanks...

Marc G. Fournier | POP Mail  Telnet Acct  DNS Hosting
System           |  WWW Services   Database Services  | Knowledge,
  Administrator  |                                    | Information and
 scrappy@ki.net  |      WWW: http://www.ki.net        | Communications, Inc