Date:      Sun, 14 Apr 2002 17:30:48 +0100
From:      Simon Dick <simond@irrelevant.org>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=F8ttrup=2CJan?= JSU <JSU@kmd.dk>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Error installing FreeBSD 4.5

On Sun, Apr 14, 2002 at 06:13:22PM +0200, "Støttrup,Jan JSU" wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have been trying to install FreeBSD 4.5 on a Compaq Proliant 2500, but
> everytime I get to the menu-page where I'm supposed to select
> how I wish to install, it simply freezes up. It doesn't react to any input I
> give it. I have been watching the boot-process very carefully and I
> haven't been able to spot any error og failures during.
> I've tryed booting from both floppies and from CD.
>
> Since I don't get an error message returned it is kinda hard to figure out
> what happens. I've read all the faq's I could find and searched the net,
> without any luck. I hope you can help.
>
> The machine is a Compaq Proliant 2500 server, with 320 MB RAM, dual
> PentiumPro 200Mhz CPU's and a Compaq Array controller. The
> server has previosly been running WinNT4.0 and Win2K flawlessly.

I'm guessing that the keyboard isn't being detected properly which
seems to happen to me on almost all my machines too, if you can, set
the atkbd device options to 0x0 which will allow your keyboard to
work (I built my own mini ISO for personal use with that set, makes
things easier!)

--
Simon Dick					simond@irrelevant.org