Date:      Thu, 29 Nov 2012 10:08:08 -0500
From:      "illoai@gmail.com" <illoai@gmail.com>
To:        Waitman Gobble <gobble.wa@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: audio CD/CD-TEXT

On 29 November 2012 01:30, Waitman Gobble <gobble.wa@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A girl sent me her CD and it appears that she created a mixed mode
> disc with CD-TEXT info of her lyrics. I can't recall playing/noticing
> such a disc in the past 10 years so I'm at a loss.
>
> I can dump the audio tracks (cdda2wav) and/or play the audio disc with mplayer.
>
> Anyone with a pointer on how to get at the CD-TEXT info? ie, read the
> lyrics. THANKS!

It's been a decade or more, but I remember that Tori Amos's
Raspberry Swirl CD-single had a couple of real-media tracks
tacked onto it, which I was able to successfully extract some-
how, though I don't recall exactly how at the moment.  I also
don't have any such disc handy, but does FreeBSD still create
the individual nodes for tracks (a la /dev/cd0t1, /cd0t2, . . .)?
You may be able to dd(1) the track & see if it has anything
resembling text in it, or perhaps is mountable as an iso.