Date:      Sun, 13 Sep 2015 17:13:14 -0600
From:      reg@dwf.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Trying to run (newsreader) exmh

I'm trying to run the newsreader exmh (I run it on Linux)
I have it up and running, but when I start it up,
I get EITHER the set of messages:

% exmh
BgRegister X server insecure (must use xauth-style authorization); command
ignored
BgRegister X server insecure (must use xauth-style authorization); command
ignored
BgRegister X server insecure (must use xauth-style authorization); command
ignored
BgRegister X server insecure (must use xauth-style authorization); command
ignored
BgRegister X server insecure (must use xauth-style authorization); command
ignored
exmh-bg cannot rendez-vous with UI - exiting.
  Usually this is because Tk send is not working.
  Check the notes under Frequently Asked Questions #4a and #4b.
  You can find this under the Help menu.

---
or

exmh
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
application-specific initialization failed: couldn't connect to display ":0.0"
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
Error in startup script: couldn't connect to display ":0.0"
    while executing
"load /usr/local/lib/libtk86.so.1 Tk"
    ("package ifneeded Tk 8.6.4" script)
    invoked from within
"package require Tk"
    (file "/usr/local/bin/exmh" line 49)

---

The first seems to imply some problem with xauth, the second may
be trying to tell me that some Tk library is missing.

Can anyone interpret these errors and tell me whats actually wrong?

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg@dwf.com