Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 2007 18:24:19 +0200
From:      Krassimir Slavchev <krassi@bulinfo.net>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: At91rm9200 boot?

Thanks for the reply.

M. Warner Losh wrote:
> In message: <45D3119F.4020302@bulinfo.net>
>             Krassimir Slavchev <krassi@bulinfo.net> writes:
> : I have board with at91rm9200, 64Mb SDRAM, 4Mb dataflash and 64kb iic.
> : There is bootloader installed in iic which boots linux kernel from
> : dataflash.
> : What I need to know for this bootloader to be able to boot FreeBSD kernel?
>
> How to install the FreeBSD kernel in place of the linux kernel
> currently in dataflash.
>
> Depending on the dataflash, you may also be able to do any or all of
> the following:
>     (1) install the freebsd boot loader that boots from SD cards (boot2)
>     (2) install the freebsd boot loader that boots from dataflash (bootspi)
>     (3) Use the FreeBSD dataflash support to manage this situation.
>
> However, without more specific detais, I can't help more.  what boot
> loader is in the iic?
>
> Warner

I don't know what exactly is the bootloader installed in the iic but it
seems to be similar to bootspi because stage2 boot is located in
dataflash. The dataflash is partitioned and there is the linux kernel
which is loaded at 0x20400000. I made several attempts to set physical
and virtual addresses when  compile the kernel but no luck.
I will change the existing bootloader but the current one has support
for USB and I can easy write images in the dataflash (fat formatted).

Is it possible to boot freebsd kernel with linux bootloader?

Best Regards