Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2005 13:00:33 +0000
From:      Daniel Bye <freebsd-questions@slightlystrange.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrading perl 5.8

--W/nzBZO5zC0uMSeA

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 01:34:30PM +0100, Stefan Cars wrote:
> Hi!
>=20
> I'm upgrading perl 5.8 from the ports on a FreeBSD 5.3 machine, the=20
> problem is that alot of my installed modules doesn't work after the=20
> update (just a minor update from 5.8.2 to 5.8.6), probably becuase the=20
> @INC changed and did not include the mach directory of 5.8.2. Is this=20
> right ? Why can't it include the 5.8.2 mach dir ?

There's nothing to stop you adding the 5.8.2 directories to @INC.  But
the cleanest way to solve this is to upgrade everything else on your
system that depends on Perl.  Portmanager is really good for this sort
of task.

Dan

--=20
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: 3B9D 8BBB EB03 BA83 5DB4 3B88 86FC F03A 90A1 BE8F
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \