Date:      Fri, 21 Feb 1997 11:21:33 -0800
From:      Tony Jones <tony@rtd.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   What is in 2.2 ?

Havn't been monitoring the lists much lately.

A few months back, I thought I recalled hearing on hackers
that 2.2-current contained full kernel thread support and even better
Linux emulation than was present in 2.1-stable (not that what is in
2.1-stable was bad).

On the 2.2-GAMMA release notes, I don't see any of this mentioned.

Did parts of 2.2-current not make the 2.2 release ?

I tried to search the announce mailing list archive but "2.2" for a
query generates no output ("2.2-BETA" generated output but a lot of
the high scoring matches didn't even contain the string "2.2" - I've
never understood the mailing list search engine).

Also, is there doc anywhere that describes what new features
are planned for development on the -current branch for the next
release (i.e what new features are planned for 3.0) ?

Thanks

Tony