Date:      Tue, 26 Jan 1999 17:25:14 +0100
From:      Florian Nigsch <flo@ganymed.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem with 3.0-STABLE

Hello!

I have a little problem with my FreeBSD installation:

I've cvsupped the "new" 3.0-STABLE sources of about 24th of January and did
a "make aout-to-elf" which finished successfully.
I updated /dev and /etc and installed the new bootblocks successfully, as
well.

	disklabel -B sd0

Then I rebooted the system and got the following prompt:

<prompt starts here>

	[...]
	Default: F2

	BTX loader 1.00  BTX version is 1.00
	Console: internal video/keyboard
	BIOS drive A: is disk0
	BIOS drive C: is disk1

	FreeBSD/i386 bootstrap loader, Revision 0.2 639/64448kB
	(root@stone.ganymed.org, Sun Jan 24 22:51:21 CET 1999)

	Hit [Enter] to [...]

	[... various bootup messages ...]
	swapon: adding /dev/da0s2b as swap device
	Automatic reboot in progress...
	/dev/rda0s2a: FILESYSTEM CLEAN; SKIPPING CHECKS
	/dev/rda0s2a: clean, 11037 free [...]

	[... other messages ...]
	mount: /dev/da0s2a on /: specified device does not match mounted device
	Filesystem mount failed, startup aborted
	Enter full pathname of shell [...]

</prompt ends here>

What is that?
First, the bootloader shows the BTX stuff, not ">> FreeBSD/i386 BOOT" (as
on http://www.freebsd.org/~peter/elfday.html). I don't now if this is
correct, but I have another 3.0-CURRENT machine with the latter mentioned
prompt.
Secondly, why can't my system remount the root device?

Any help on this problem would be very kind!

Please write to me directly, since I am not subscribed to the list.

thanks in advance,
	Flo