Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2006 12:05:21 +0000
From:      "Tom Evans" <TEvans@mintel.com>
To:        Marek Denis <M.Denis@stud.elka.pw.edu.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD CURRENT on HP nx7400

Hi Marek

I'm running -current on a HP 6320 with very few problems. It seems a
very similar spec to the 7400 (Core (2) Duo, i945GM chipset, Intel
3945ABG wifi).
I also had problems running -stable with the SATA drives in native mode=
,
which is why I'm running -current. The drive works fine in 'compatible'=

mode in the BIOS in -stable.
The only things currently not working 100% for me are:
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 DVD insists on running PIO4 mode
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 No DRI in X
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 No drivers for 3945ABG
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Fingerprint reader doesnt work
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Bluetooth probably doesnt work (I have no bluetooth dev=
ices, so
never tried)

Of these things, the only one I care enough to mess around with is the
fingerprint reader (sounds fun :) I'm sure many of them are fixable.

Of course, HP dont ship a video bios that actually supports the native
resolution of the panel included, but sysutils/915resolution can fix
that.

Audio works fine following ariff@'s excellent work on snd_hda.

I've not tried -stable for a few months, so it is more than possible
that these fixes have been MFC'ed already - I think snd_hda has for
sure.

If you'd like my dmesg.boot / kernel configs, give us a shout.

Cheers

Tom
|+---------------------------+-----------------------------------------=
|
||   Marek Denis             |                                         =
|
||   <M.Denis@stud.elka.pw.ed|   =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 To:                   =
        |
||   u.pl>                   |   freebsd-current@freebsd.org           =
|
||   Sent by:                |   =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 cc:                   =
        |
||   owner-freebsd-current@fr|   =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Subject: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0=
FreeBSD       |
||   eebsd.org               |   CURRENT on HP nx7400                  =
|
||                           |                                         =
|
||   11/16/2006 09:07 PM     |                                         =
|
||                           |                                         =

Hi,
=A0 About 2 months ago I was surfing the Internet, trying to find any t=
ips
how to install FreeBSD on my nx7400 laptop. The main problem was that
FreeBSD didn't recognise sata drivers. In October, a new release of
FreeBSD 7-cure has been released, and I would like to ask you, whether
anybody has any version of fbsd on any nx7400 or similar hardware?

Thanks in advance

Marek Denis