Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 2000 10:16:55 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@HiWAAY.net>
To:        "Donald J . Maddox" <dmaddox@sc.rr.com>
Cc:        Chris Browning <brownicm@prokyon.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to use simple firewall with DHCP? follow-up

On Tue, Dec 12, 2000 at 10:20:02AM -0500, Donald J . Maddox wrote:
> You could have dhclient do this automagically when the lease
> changes with an appropriate /etc/dhclient-exit-hooks, no?

Yup. But when I go that far I'm going to move my firewall rules out
of rc.firewall using a copy of rc.firewall stripped of the stuff I
don't use. Its fairly simple in rc.conf.

Off the top of my head its not the -exit hook you want, but there is
one for "update" as you only want things to change if there has been
an update. Also I use DynDNS.org and ddup and would want to hook that
in too. But only on changes, not on simple lease renewal.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net (hm)