Date:      Tue, 22 Jan 2008 18:25:56 +0000
From:      "Alphons \"Fonz\" van Werven" <a.j.werven@student.utwente.nl>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: are we CRIMINALS?

Gerard wrote:

> While that may seem slightly harsh, at least for a first offense, it
> does point up the fact that people like Ritz are a blight upon the
> legitimate computer users community.

Agreed. But upon looking at something like this...

4. Ritz frequently accomplished his access to Sierra's computers by
concealing his identity via proxies and by accessing the servers via a
Unix operating system and using a shell accounts, among other methods.

...I really get the feeling that, besides (justly) convicting Ritz for
what he did, they seem under the impression that UNIX as a whole is evil
and good for nothing but "hacking" (as most people unfortunately call it).

Alphons

--
VISTA - Viruses Intruders Spyware Trojans Adware