Date:      Tue, 16 Jun 1998 18:27:30 -0400
From:      Clendaniel Ian IB <ian.clendaniel@phwilm.zeneca.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "'Peter Hakanson'" <peter@gbg.netman.se>
Subject:   RE: Neomagic chipset and Xfree86

I had been trying to set up my laptops with xfree86 for a while and had
gotten the XiG server (www.xig.com) working pretty well...  I had some
free time last night so I downloaded the source from Jeff's page and
compiled it.  I successfully installed it on two different machines
(same video- Neomagic 128ZV+) without a problem.  I will say that it is
much easier if you manually edit the XF86Config file and _only_ add the
specified screen, display, and adapter sections.  In both cases when I
did this it worked fine, albeit a little slower than the accelerated XiG
system (for $200 I can live without the accereration for now).

--Ian

Ian Clendaniel
IT Technition
Zeneca Pharmaceuticals