Date:      Sat, 29 Jul 2000 08:45:40 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@info.iet.unipi.it>
To:        conrads@home.com
Cc:        luigi@iet.unipi.it, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, dburr@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cdd port permanently "broken"?

> The port of cdd (/usr/ports/audio/cdd) has been marked as broken for FreeBSD
> versions 4.x and higher for quite some time now.  What exactly would it take to
> get it to work again?

time, i suppose... and familiarity with CAM. Both things i am missing at
the moment; but i do not believe removing cdd from the ports would help at
all in having this fixed.

When i finally move to 4.x (and there are a few reasons i still do not
want to do it, one of this is cdd, another one is full duplex audio)
i may find some time to look at the problem.

> I would be happy to try my hand at "fixing" cdd, if someone could give me some
> pointers as to where the problem areas are specifically.  As it is, I'm
> completely at a loss as to where to even begin.

i suppose that if you only care about atapi support, you should just
try to comment out all the SCSI code and put in whatever is needed to
make the code compile.

	cheers
	luigi