Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 1996 17:45:14 GMT
From:      James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        tcg@ime.net
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Makefiles, porting from Linux to FreeBSD.

> Anyways what I need is a copy of the Linux man pages for make.
> Preferably in ASCII Text. ie: man -a make |& col -b >linux_make.man
> (or whatever)
> Something to reference for makefile differences.

Actually, Linux uses GNU make, which is available in the FreeBSD
ports/packages and installs as gmake.

Having said that, the GNU make man page isn't fantastically helpful,
as it basically just lists the command line options and tells you to
read the info page (which is a lot more informative).

--
James Raynard, Edinburgh, Scotland
james@jraynard.demon.co.uk