Date:      Tue, 04 Jan 2000 18:42:32 GMT
From:      Andrea Venturoli <a.ventu@flashnet.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PnP

Hi.

I have an old machine of mine on which I run FreeBSD 3.4-RELEASE: it's a
486/VLB based PC with a non PnP BIOS.
I have a PnP ISDN card (ELSA QuickStep 1000pro) whihc I'd like to use on this
box, so I put

> device isic0 at isa? port ? net irq ? vector isicintr

in my kernel config file and, since by default the card is disabled, I issue

> pnp 1 0 os irq0 15 port0 0x160 enable

in userconfig.

I obviously put

> controller pnp0
> options USERCONFIG

in the kernel config file.

From dmesg's output:

> Probing for PnP devices:

> CSN 1 Vendor ID: ELS0133 [0x33019315] Serial 0x00011961 Comp ID: @@@0000
[0x00000000]
> isic0: ELSA QuickStep 1000pro (ISA)

> isic0: ISAC 2085 Version A1/A2 or 2086/2186 Version 1.1 (IOM-2) (Addr=0x160)

> isic0: HSCX 82525 or 21525 Version 2.1 (AddrA=0x10160, AddrB=0x20160)

> isic0 (i4b_pnp <ELSA QuickStep 1000pro> sn 0x00011961) at 0x160 irq 15 flags
0xd on isa

apparently everything is fine. However isdnd is unable to talk to the card,
with messages that the i4b FAQ classify as either PnP problems or IRQ conflicts.

Is there something I can do to verify that the card has actually put itself on
the specified ports and IRQ?
Is there anything else I can try?
The FAQ suggests to play with my BIOS settings, but of course I have no BIOS
settings that can affect PnP devices.

 Bye & Thanks
	av.