Date:      Fri, 13 Jan 2012 08:45:53 -0500
From:      "Pascal S. Clermont" <pascal@clermont.cc>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bladecenters and freebsd

Hi

I am currently seeking a bladecenter solution that is supported by
FreeBSD. As much as I would enjoy buying one and test it out, this
method could come out very expensive.

we need to replace our old IBM Bladecenter by more recent equipment.
I have looked at ixsystems but they only provide a solution that
supports ethernet/infiniband modules. I am wandering if a solution such
as  a bridgex
(http://www.mellanox.com/content/pages.php?pg=products_dyn&product_family=54&menu_section=52)
could give me the best of both worlds? but I have never played with any
similar device.

Does anyone have any current bladecenter hardware that is running FreeBSD?
Ideally this bladecenter would possess Fibre Channel modules in order to
speak directly with our current SAN.

Any gotchas, I should be aware of?

Pascal