Date:      Sat, 18 Jan 1997 22:34:34 +0100
From:      "Francesco Pedulla'" <md3547@mclink.it>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SCSI-III support

Hallo,

a few weeks ago I have bought the FreeBSD CD-ROM from Walnut Creek (vers. 2.1.5). Today I have been told by my
PC reseller that they cannot provide the 2GB Fast SCSI-II disk for the PC I have just ordered. Instead, they
could replace the AHA 2940 PCI SCSI controller adapter with the newer AHA 2940 AU and a 2GB SCSI-III disk.
I wonder if the ahc0 driver that is in FreeBSD 2.1.5 can drive that configuration. The PC will be ready at the
end of next week and I really need to know it asap - I'm buying it just to run FreeBSD!
Can you please help me?
Thanks a lot in advance,

Francesco Pedulla'