Date:      Mon, 3 Jan 2000 11:04:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Wolfskill <dhw@whistle.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG, Rloteck007@cs.com
Subject:   Re: i need help

>From: Rloteck007@cs.com
>Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 13:57:26 EST

>Hello i am a newbie to freebsd and i am haveing problems loading bsd. The
>computer keeps telling me that it can not detect the hardrive for some resone
>or other....
>can you help or refer me to some who can....any help will be greatly
>aprechiated

With the given information, it's difficult to tell, but I'd guess that
the classic problem of ahving only "slave" (no "master") device on an
IDE controller may well be to blame.

The archives of freebsd-questions (and possibly freebsd-hardware) will
have more details on that issue, and should serve as examples of what
information to post to -questions in the event that this doesn't happen
to be the problem in question.

Cheers,
david
--
David Wolfskill		dhw@whistle.com		UNIX System Administrator
voice: (650) 577-7158	pager: (888) 347-0197	FAX: (650) 372-5915