Date:      Tue, 17 Nov 2015 20:43:45 +0100
From:      Johan Hendriks <joh.hendriks@gmail.com>
To:        Steven Hartland <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LACP with 3 interfaces.

Op 17/11/15 om 17:15 schreef Steven Hartland:

> On 17/11/2015 15:26, Johan Hendriks wrote:
>> Hello all
>>
>> We have a NFS server witch has three network ports.
>>
>> We have bonded these interfaces as a lagg interface, but when we use the
>> server it looks like only two interfaces are used.
>>
>> This is our rc.conf file
>>
>> ifconfig_igb0="up"
>> ifconfig_igb1="up"
>> ifconfig_igb2="up"
>> cloned_interfaces="lagg0"
>> ifconfig_lagg0="laggproto lacp laggport igb0 laggport igb1 laggport igb2
>> 192.168.100.222 netmask 255.255.255.0"
>>
>> ifconfig tell us the following.
>>
>> lagg0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0
>> mtu 1500
>>
>> options=403bb<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING,JUMBO_MTU,VLAN_HWCSUM,TSO4,TSO6,VLAN_HWTSO>
>>      ether a0:36:9f:7d:fc:2f
>>      inet 192.168.100.222 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.100.255
>>      nd6 options=29<PERFORMNUD,IFDISABLED,AUTO_LINKLOCAL>
>>      media: Ethernet autoselect
>>      status: active
>>      laggproto lacp lagghash l2,l3,l4
>>      laggport: igb1 flags=1c<ACTIVE,COLLECTING,DISTRIBUTING>
>>      laggport: igb2 flags=1c<ACTIVE,COLLECTING,DISTRIBUTING>
>>      laggport: igb3 flags=1c<ACTIVE,COLLECTING,DISTRIBUTING>
>>
> This shows that your server is using l2,l3,l4 hashing for lacp but
> what options have you configured on the switch?
The switch is an old 3com switch for testing, and it is not very
configureable.
So It just says LACP and nothing else, I can choose between static and
dynamic.

The interfaces are copy paste, but the machine has a lot more
interfaces, and first I started to switch interfaces.
So the rc.conf is before I switched to other interfaces. That is why the
interfaces from ifconfig and the rc.conf file does not match.

Thank you all for your time.
I now know that it will use the inteface and that the hashing is the
reason it sticks to only two interfaces.
If it uses the mac adres, or ip adres to hash it can explain the choice
it makes.

Thank you all for your answers and time.

regards
Johan