Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 2000 11:48:31 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
To:        Erich Zigler <erichz@superhero.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I'll be rolling a 4.1.1 release on September 25th

On Sun 2000-09-17 (11:25), Erich Zigler wrote:
> I too am the maintainer of several ports and do not have committer rights. I
> have found this very difficult in the past couple months. I submit an update
> and it is ignored.

I have a tkgnats script that highlights all ports PRs that have the
words "update" or "upgrade" and also "MAINTAINER".  I suggest you try
using those keywords if you want my attention.  I tend to fast-track
those, since others require informing the maintainer of the PR.

> What got to me is that we could've spent our time doing something more
> beneficial then recreating each other's work. If only we paid a little
> more attention to the PR's.

My personal offer to you and others - if you're updating your own port,
and you submit a PR, and you have "update" and "MAINTAINER" in the
synopsis, it _will_ be done within a week, or you can mail me and call
me an idiot or whatever else you'd like to say.

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner
Sunesi Clinical Systems