Date:      Thu, 9 Oct 1997 02:15:08 -0400
From:      "Jason T. Nelson" <jason@jlc.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   automated video capture

Went out and bought a Hauppauge Win/TV card recently on a whim after nothing
some talk about the bt848 drivers.. I've had tons of fun snapping images
off of cable and my camcorder. Then I started thinking, hey, obviously I
should be able to use this to take periodic snapshots from, oh, say a
camcorder pointed at the room. This way, I don't have to buy something like
a QuickCam or whatever to make one of those trendy web pages with updating
pictures. Because I am a firm believer in "do not reinvent the wheel", I
wanted to see if somebody else had written a small app to just snag TIFF
or whatever format images from the capture card (obviously conversions can
be performed by other programs).. Anybody know?

--
Jason T. Nelson <jason@jlc.net>
http://www.jlc.net/~jason/