Date:      Sat, 21 Dec 2002 23:14:17 +0000
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD's momentum and future prospects

I like to ask this question every once in a while, since the scene is always
changing and there are different people reading the various lists.

How do YOU personally think the BSD's are doing as far as developer
momentum, innovation, and other forms of progress that will continue to
attract the needed attention to keep moving forward and keep BSD in the
spotlight as a valid alternative OS?  Do you think 5.0 will be a great leap
forward in this regard?  It seems like it will be, but Linux is also moving
forward, from what I have heard, its networking is continuing to improve
with every release, and it has also garnered commercial interest.

Just thought I'd collect the latest opinions, news, rants, and flames on
where we're going.  :-)

NOTE: Please CC me, as I am not currently subscribed.  Thanks.

jm
--
My other computer is your windows box.