Date:      Tue, 27 Jul 2004 18:25:54 -0400
From:      "Alexandre \"Sunny\" Kovalenko" <Alex.Kovalenko@verizon.net>
To:        Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xorg built fails on CURRENT: can't find Xauth.h

On Tue, 2004-07-27 at 15:08, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > From: "Alexandre \"Sunny\" Kovalenko" <Alex.Kovalenko@verizon.net>
> > Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 21:28:47 -0400
> > Sender: owner-freebsd-current@freebsd.org

> > > It seams that way, however, after installation I have lost two GNOME
> > > applets to the following error message:
> > >
> > > ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > The panel encountered a problem while loading
> > > "OAFIID:GNOME_WorkspaceSwitcherApplet".
> > > Details: Failed to resolve, or extend
> > > '!prefs_key=/apps/panel/profiles/default/applets/applet_0/prefs;background=none:;orient=up;size=x-small;locked_down=false
> > >
> > > Do you want to delete the applet from your configuration?
> > > ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > >
> > > Second one was WindowsMenuApplet.
> > >
> > > I did portupgrade -rf x11/gnomeapplets2, but that did not seem to help.
> > >
> > > I will probably do portupgrade -rf x11/gnome2 overnight, but any other
> > > suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
> > >
> > > Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko.

> > Some kind soul on gnome@ suggested the solution:
> >
> > portupgrade -f x11-toolkits/libwnck
> > portupgrade -f x11/libxklavier
> > portupgrade -f x11/gnomepanel
> >
> > did the trick.
>
> Always check /usr/ports/UPDATING! This (and more) is documented there.
>
> Oh, you shouldn't have to rebuild x11/gnomepanel. You do need the other
> two and you MAY need to edit your XF86Config file slightly (also covered
> in UPDATING).

But... there is nothing in UPDATING. I have copied the list just in case
someone out there thinks there should be. Right now:

sunny:RabbitsDen>grep -i xorg UPDATING
sunny:RabbitsDen>grep -i libwnck UPDATING
sunny:RabbitsDen>grep -i libxklavier UPDATING
sunny:RabbitsDen>ls -l UPDATING
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  69125 Jul 25 16:37 UPDATING

Considering that this is ports issue, I honestly did not expect
anything in UPDATING anyway.

Thanks for taking time to reply.

Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko.