Date:      Mon, 27 Apr 1998 05:20:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      gsutter@pobox.com
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SupraExpress 336i pnp modem

On Sun, 26 Apr 1998, David H. Brierley wrote:

>Someone gave me a SupraExpress 336i PnP modem and I was hoping to
>maybe be able to use it in my FreeBSD box.  Does anyone know if
>this thing can be used successfully in FreeBSD or is this something
>along the lines of the dreaded "winmodem" cards?  I am currently
>running FreeBSD 2.2.5 on the machine but am willing to upgrade if
>required.  I did not receive any software of any kind with the
>card, so if there is some kind of program to disable the PnP features
>I would need to either have some kind soul send me a copy or point
>me to somewhere I can download it from.

The Supra Express are indeed winmodems, I'm sorry to say.  You can
download DoS/windoze software at <http://www.supra.com/>, but I don't
know if there is a PnP-disabler included.

GReg
--
Gregory S. Sutter                       "How do I read this file?"
mailto:gsutter@pobox.com                "You uudecode it."