Date:      Thu, 28 Sep 1995 22:22:11 +1000 (EST)
From:      michael butler <imb@scgt.oz.au>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Low end PS laser, or inkjet/bubblejet

matthew c. mead writes:

> 	I kind of figured.  I know BSD lpr/lpd stuff pretty well...

>  > eps|epson-postscript|EPSON Stylus COLOR PostScript:\
>  > 	:lp=/dev/lpt1:\
>  > 	:sd=/var/spool/eps:\
>  > 	:sh:\
>  > 	:of=/usr/local/bin/gseps:\
>  > 	:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:\
>  > 	:mx#0:

>  > /usr/local/bin/gseps:

>  > #!/bin/sh
>  > /usr/local/bin/gs -q -dSAFER -sDEVICE=escp2cfs2 -r360 -dNOPAUSE -sOutputFile=- -

> 	I'd probably end up using apsfilter so that I could just do a plain
> old lpr and it would autodetect both ps and dvi input.

Whilst not directly related .. I run a pair of HP4s (one M+ and one MV for
A3 printing) with JetDirect cards and, therefore, an "rm" entry in
/etc/printcap. What surprised me was that I don't seem to be able to get any
filters to preprocess the stuff before shooting it at the printer.

Is this what's supposed to happen ? How do I fix it ? :-)

	michael