Date:      Sun, 14 Oct 2001 23:28:49 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Errors during staroffice6.0 tests

Hi Marcel,

> I'm not sure this is the right thing to do. It doesn't look like a
> bug in the XFree86-libs-4.0.3-5.i386.rpm package, which makes the
> behaviour intentional. It's our (or mine at least) policy to install
> packages without any modifications that are not related to them being
> installed on FreeBSD. Adding a link would be such a modification.
> It's even more a hack if we're only creating one such link while none
> of the libraries have *.so links.
>
> It looks like a problem that tis local to SO. Thoughts?

I've done a workaround now with:

+.if !exists(${LINUXBASE}/usr/X11R6/lib/libXrender.so)
+       @${LN} -fs ${LINUXBASE}/usr/X11R6/lib/libXrender.so.1.0
${WRKDIR}/tmp/libXrender.so
+.endif

during the installation

and

+.if !exists(${LINUXBASE}/usr/X11R6/lib/libXrender.so)
+       @${LN} -fs ${LINUXBASE}/usr/X11R6/lib/libXrender.so.1.0
${PREFIX}/${SOVERSION}/program/libXrender.so
+.endif

for the post-install section.

This works ok

Martin