Date:      Fri, 05 Jan 1996 10:25:24 -0800
From:      Scott Blachowicz <scott@statsci.com>
To:        Branson Matheson <branson@longstreet.larc.nasa.gov>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Questions)
Subject:   Re: Tar backup to another machine ?

Branson Matheson <branson@longstreet.larc.nasa.gov> wrote:

> > Is it possible to use amanda to do backups without having a "work"
> > disk?
>
>  Yes .. but it will be slow and dump things directly to tape.

Hmmm...I thought I'd tried the obvious things...maybe I'll have to go try
again.

> > Also, is it possible for amanda to put multiple days' backups on the same
> > tape?  I've got a 2.3Gb tape drive (Exabyte), but I don't have THAT much
> > stuff to backup.  Or does it really need one tape per backup run?
>
>  has to be one tape at this point.

Oh well...sometimes I'd like to be able to just leave a tape in the drive
and let it just append to the tape.

>  I would use amanda.

I'll have to revisit that...

Thanx,
Scott Blachowicz    Ph: 206/283-8802x240    StatSci, a div of MathSoft, Inc.
                                            1700 Westlake Ave N #500
scott@statsci.com                           Seattle, WA USA   98109
Scott.Blachowicz@seaslug.org