Date:      Wed, 26 Aug 1998 12:37:28 +0100
From:      Scott Mitchell <rsm@acm.org>
To:        FreeBSD Admin Account <freebsd@ns1.bnetmd.net>
Cc:        Peter Kok <peter@sweda.com.hk>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mail setting

On Tue, Aug 25, 1998 at 04:36:24PM -0400, FreeBSD Admin Account wrote:

> He *can't* register "peter.netvigator.com" -- only 2nd level domains can
> be registered and "peter" is at level 3.  But he *can* get mail there easily.
>
> If he wants mail going to <anything-else>.netvigator.com whoever is DNS for
> netvigator.com needs to add an A record pointing to that host.  MX record(s)
> would be a good idea as well.
>
> Glenn.

I must have missed a message and not quite got what the problem was here.
'Registered' was used in the sense of 'in the DNS', which
samuel.netvigator.com wasn't, unless things were misbehaving at my end.

I thought the original problem was that mail to
<whatever>@peter.netvigator.com bounced, presumably because the
peter.netvigator.com domain doesn't exist.  Am I confused?

You're right though, the real answer is 'talk to your ISP'.

Apologies if I confused anyone further :)

	Scott.