Date:      Mon, 08 Feb 1999 14:39:23 +0300
From:      "Vladimir G. Drobyshevsky" <vlad@mtmc.ru>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Boot problems with -CURRENT and -STABLE tree

hello!

I have some critical problems with fbsd. When I try to boot with fbsd
install disk (boot.flp), my system is halt.
I tried different versions of fbsd from 2.2.8R and 3.0-STABLE till
4.0-CURRENT.
I have IBM server, model 8640ES0, with PPro 200, 128 MB RAM,
SCSII-adapter AIC-7880 (it was "modified to better" :-/ by IBM's hands),
SCSII CD-ROM IBM CDRM00203, 2 SCSII HDD - IBM DCAS-34330W and QUANTUM
EMPIRE_1080S

I think SCSII driver cannot correct work with my SCSII-adapter, becose
system halted after kernel say "Waiting 15 seconds to settle SCSII
devices"

But some last snaps (by 4,5,6 january) halted my system after
uncompressing kernel: it say "Uncompressing kernel...." and freeze
computer.

I obligate to work with Linux on that server now, but I didn't prefer
this OS.

Can anybody comment this situation?

(sorry for my english :)

With best regards,