Date:      Fri, 22 Nov 2002 15:50:27 +0300
From:      Alex Povolotsky <tarkhil@webmail.sub.ru>
To:        "Allan Jude" <937863@primus.ca>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG, quak@mydiax.ch, Danny.Carroll@mail.ing.nl
Subject:   Re: jailed virtual https, anyone?

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002 07:07:41 -0500
"Allan Jude" <937863@primus.ca> wrote:

AJ> What seems to be the problem with the virtual hosts?
AJ> You're quite right, but I have EVERYTHING works ok for now, EXCEPT
AJ> virtual hosts with https. Google shows nothing relevant on "jail https
AJ> virtual".

Oh, quite simple.

https cannot be configured with name-based virtual hosts, by design.
jail cannot be configured for more than one IP address, by design.
(don't ask me to wait until jail-ng will be ready)
Jail sits on internal IP, on lo0. fxp0 holds real IP addresses to be accessed from outside.
I'm forwarding incoming connection to jail, currently with ipnat. I need to pass information about real (outside) IP to mod_ssl. That is my problem.

plain http works perfectly (name-based virthosts).

I'm using mod_ssl, but not restricted to it.

--
Alex.