Date:      Sat, 10 Feb 1996 22:06:48 -0700
From:      andy@denver.net (Andy Cook)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Needing help with FTP install

FROM: INSTALLATION GUIDE FOR FreeBSD 2.0.5

>If you're using a modem, then PPP is almost certainly your only
>choice.  Make sure that you have your service provider's information
>handy as you'll need to know it fairly soon in the installation
>process.  You will need to know, at the minimum, your service
>provider's IP address and possibly your own (though you can also leave
>it blank and allow PPP to negotiate it with your ISP).  You also need
>to know how to use the various "AT commands" to dial the ISP with your
>particular modem as the PPP dialer provides only a very simple
>terminal emulator.

I am trying to install FreeBSD on a 486 DX4/100 machine via FTP with the
whole HD dedicated to FreeBSD. I am getting hung up in the term window. As
in: I honestly don't know how to use it. I have tried the various "AT
commands" to no avail. If someone would be so kind as to walk me through
this procedure it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy