Date:      Wed, 16 Jun 2004 10:54:53 +0200
From:      Martin Nilsson <martin@mullet.se>
To:        thinbsd@cogidis.com
Cc:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Thinbsd] Re: ThinBSD with other videodriver

Francois Tigeot wrote:
> When we started the project, we thought about flash-based devices, but had
> not yet time to test them.
> It is good news to hear that they work almost out-of the box !

With compliments to FreeBSD's advanced three stage bootloader things
like this is very easy to do :-) The boot mechanism is one of the hidden
gems in FreeBSD.

> In the interim, I just put a new ramdisk image on the web site with
> support for the 'trident' driver. You will still have to edit xorg.conf to
> reflect your configuration, though.

I've compiled a new a new Xserver and I'll see if I can get time to try
it out this evening. I've also compiled a new rdesktop from their cvs
repository I'd like to get redirection to a local printer working too so
I can put these boxes in production.

Printer & disk redirection is working nicely on my "normal" FreeBSD
machines with rdesktop from cvs.

	/Martin

--
Martin Nilsson, CTO & Founder, Mullet Scandinavia AB, Malmö, SWEDEN
E-mail: martin@mullet.se, Phone: +46-(0)708-606170, Web: www.mullet.se

Our business is well engineered servers optimised for FreeBSD & Linux