Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2000 01:45:01 +0900
From:      "Akinori -Aki- MUSHA" <knu@idaemons.org>
To:        ade@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: palm/pilot-link and hier(7)

Hi, Palm fellow! :)

At Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:51:37 -0500,
aDe wrote:
> (a) fix pilot-link to respect hier(7) and install in
>     bin, include/pilot-link, lib, share/pilot-link etc...
>
>     This is my preferred solution, I'm prepared to do the
>     hackery, and at least get the gnomepilot ports hacked about
>     to work with the proper set up, though others will need to
>     work on the other ports.

I second this, because pilot-link is not for developing something that
runs on Palm devices, but consists of communication tools which help
with accessing Palm devices from FreeBSD and libraries/headers which
help with developing conduits that run on FreeBSD.  Such a thing does
not have to hide under a special subdirectory, but should just lie
under ${PREFIX}.

On the other hand, PRC tools (prc-tools-*) is a cross-development
suite for PalmOS, so it should stay in its own subdirectory (I'd
prefer ${PREFIX}/palm, but currently it's ${PREFIX}/pilot) as other
cross-dev ports do.

--
                           /
                          /__  __

"We're only at home when we're on the run, on the wing, on the fly"