Date:      Mon, 5 Jul 1999 23:33:39 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
To:        Mark Ovens <markov@globalnet.co.uk>
Cc:        "G. Adam Stanislav" <zen@buddhist.com>, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: An interesting signature

On Sun, Jul 04, 1999 at 09:30:05PM +0100, Mark Ovens wrote:
> I recently received the following. Many a true word spoken in jest?
> It is the last paragraph that had me ROFL.

[snip]

> Ballmer concluded by getting a dig in against the Open Source
> community.  "This just goes to show that Microsoft continues to
> innovate at a much faster pace than open source. I have yet to see
> any evidence that Linux even has a BSOD, let alone a customizable
> one."

XScreenSaver(1)                                   XScreenSaver(1)

NAME
       bsod - Blue Screen of Death emulator

SYNOPSIS
       bsod  [-display  host:display.screen]  [-foreground color]
       [-background color] [-window] [-root]  [-mono]  [-install]
       [-visual visual] [-delay seconds]

DESCRIPTION
       The bsod program is the finest in personal computer emula-
       tion.

       bsod steps through a set of screens, each one a recreation
       of  a different failure mode of an operating system.  Sys-
       tems depicted include Microsoft's Windows 95  and  Windows
       NT, Commodore-Amiga's AmigaDOS 1.3, SPARC Linux, SCO UNIX,
       the Apple Macintosh (both the  MacsBug  debugger  and  the
       rarer "Sad Mac"), and the Atari ST.

 [intentional self-reference] can be easily accommodated using a blessed,
 non-self-referential dummy head-node whose own object destructor severs
 the links.
    -- Tom Christiansen in <375143b5@cs.colorado.edu>