Date:      Tue, 14 Feb 2006 14:56:12 +0100
From:      albi <albi@scii.nl>
To:        Kumar <kumarrrr@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Setting Up A Home Network ...

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 21:48:33 +0800
Kumar <kumarrrr@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to set up internet connection, between a XP Pro box,
> and a FreeBSD-current box, without the use of a router, I have got
> two ethernet cards on the box running XP Pro, and one ethernet card
> on the box running FreeBSD-current, and a cross over cable.
>
> Is it theoretically possible ?

if you put 2 nics in the FreeBSD-box with the cross-cable it's possible
yes, follow the firewall-instructions :
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/firewalls.html

if you want to keep the 2 nics in the ms-windows-machine, i would
suggest to ask in a ms-windows-forum/list etc.

--
grtjs, albi
gpg-key: lynx -dump http://scii.nl/~albi/gpg.asc | gpg --import