Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2000 18:02:48 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it>
To:        "Matthew Studley" <v_1matst@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3dfx chipset

On 6/27/00, 1:46:53 PM, "Matthew Studley" <v_1matst@hotmail.com> wrote=20
regarding 3dfx chipset:

> Hi, i was very interested in installing a copy of FreeBSD on my=20
system,
> however i have some questions that i was hoping you could answer for=20
me.
> First of all, I have a Voodoo 5 5500 video adapter on my system.  Will=
=20
this
> be fully compatible with the X Window system?  Also, I have had a lot =

of
> problems with Unix/Linux and network cards in the past.  What network =

cards
> do you suggest to use for the best Unix/Linux compatibility?  Thanks=20
for
> your time...
>=20

Dear Matthew Studley,

A 3dfx driver has recently been written by Coleman Kane.

You may wish to visit http://pohl.ececs.uc.edu/~cokane  and check out=20
the relevant information.

As far as compatible hardware at large is concerned, you may wish to=20
read http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/install-hw.html=20

HTH,
Salvo