Date:      Wed, 28 Jan 2004 16:16:57 +1100
From:      Andrew Thomson <andrewjt@applecomm.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   dual channel raid array setup

not really a freebsd question as such, however i will be running freebsd
on the box!

just curious as to what people think is the most efficient use of a dual
channel raid controller.

Say I have 10 disks which will make up 2 raid5 arrays.

Do I put one raid5 array on one channel and the other raid5 array on the
other channel?

Or do I mix it up and put 3 disks of one raid5 array on one channel, the
other 2 on the other channel, and then the reverse for the second raid5
array.

Just curious what people think will achieve the best performance.

regards,

ajt.