Date:      Thu, 8 Dec 2005 09:53:49 +0300
From:      Yuri Skripachov <skripachov@mail.ru>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Toshiba Satellite P10 + wrong battery state reported by ACPIIO_BATT_GET_BATTINFO.

> Currently I've wrapped _BST method by masking returned state with
> 0x7f. The same is possible for the acpi_battery_bst_valid()
> function in dev/acpica/acpi_battery.c
> Which way is right?
ACPI spec v3.0 mentions of just bits 0, 1 and 2 in _BST battery state
field so I think the best way is to mask the rest bits in the
acpi_battery.c before comparing with ACPI_BATT_STAT_MAX.

PS: Besides bit7 toshiba uses bit3 in battery state as a sign of
'warning' battery level :) Is special acpi_toshiba_battery need?

--
Best regards,
Yuri Skripachov

mailto:skripachov@mail.ru