Date:      Thu, 25 Jul 2002 15:57:37 -0700
From:      "Mike Cochran" <wab@sbcglobal.net>
To:        "Wilko Bulte" <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>, "Chris Brotherton" <chris@evilelement.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Will my machine run freeBSD?

Thanks for the input, everyone thus far on the string.  Let me know if I'm
still sending out html instead of 75 char asci.

Certainly I have IDE drives sitting around.  I also have a spare adaptec
29160 pci card and a few UW seagate scsi drives sitting around doing
nothing.

My main concern was making sure that either the existing firmware in these
machines had a simple toggle to change into srm mode or that the firmware
could be changed to the firmware used in the -au version.   I don't want to
be stuck with NT!

Am I understanding you all correctly, that I should not worry about this?

Mike