Date:      Tue, 03 Jun 2003 15:09:50 -0300
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@tcoip.com.br>
To:        Daniel Eischen <eischen@pcnet.com>
Cc:        threads@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: libc_r, libthr & konsole news]

Daniel Eischen wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, Daniel C. Sobral wrote:
>

>>I'm at loss at how dup2() works, exactly. It seems that libc_r overrides
>>it, but libthr doesn't. But I don't understand the process well, because
>>I'm don't understand the syscall glue.
>

> Can you test libkse as well?  I know that dup2 is not overridden in
> libkse either.

I saw the problem with libkse earlier. I haven't tested again, but it
looked the same as libthr.

Basically, dup2() fails, for reasons unknown (and ak03, for one, thinks
the bug is libc_r's) with libc_r, causing it not to call
konsole_grantpty. When that happens, ttyname() called later works. With
libthr, the dup2() doesn't fail, konsole_grantpty gets called, and
ttyname() fails.

This happens only one time for each pty/tty.

--
Daniel C. Sobral                   (8-DCS)
Gerencia de Operacoes

Outros:
	dcs@newsguy.com
	dcs@freebsd.org
	capo@notorious.bsdconspiracy.net

"I like being single.  I'm always there when I need me."
		-- Art Leo