Date:      Tue, 13 Jan 2004 10:45:20 -0500
From:      John Adams <jadams01@sprynet.com>
To:        Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New installation: Hanging when trying to dial out

On Tuesday, January 13, 2004, at 10:29 AM, Andrew Boothman wrote:

> How are you trying to mount your floppy? "mount -t msdos /dev/fd0
> /mnt"?

Well, I was just naively trying mount /dev/fd0 /mnt, but now I've tried
it as you suggest, and again gotten "Device not configured". This is
also what fdformat gives me when I try to format the disk. I'm also
unable so far to mount the CD drive.

>  Are your serial ports probed correctly during boot? Look at
> "dmesg|grep cuaa".

Now, that's interesting. I get results for sio, but nothing for cuaa or
tty.

All the best,

	John A