Date:      Wed, 19 Sep 2001 17:59:58 -0700
From:      "G. Paul Ziemba" <paul@treehouse.napa.ca.us>
To:        lodea@vet.com.au, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD openldap/openldap2 ports install conflict

Folks,

I'm running a recent version of FreeBSD (4.3-20010720-STABLE) - if this
matter has been fixed since then, I apologize for the unnecessary message.

The net/openldap and net/openldap2 ports seem to use the same locations
for many of the files installed by each port, which makes it impossible
for both ports to coexist.

I originally installed the openldap2 port, but I later installed
the cyrus-imapd port, which depends on openldap-1.2.11_2 - and
blam! there went my openldap2 installation.

Would it be possible/make sense to change the default installation
locations for one of these ports to help others avoid this problem
in the future?

thanks,

 ~!paul

--