Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 1999 20:20:09 -0800
From:      Richard Johnson <raj@cisco.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Powering down PCMCIA modem card

I'm trying to write some code to power down my PCMCIA modem card when
it's not in use.  I've been successful in suspending the disk drive,
in this method so I know the code it working correctly and that I'm
understanding the standards correctly.  According to the APM V1.2
specs (this is the version of APM I have) device codes starting with
0x600 are for PCMCIA cards.  I have tried powering down all devices
between 0x600 and 0x6ff, and the only one which doesn't fail is 0x6ff
(all PCMCIA devices), however this doesn't power off the modem or
ethernet cards which are plugged in at the time.

Has anyone had any success with powering down PCMCIA devices?

/raj