Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2000 17:15:24 +0000
From:      Keith Jones <keithj@sse0691.bri.hp.com>
To:        Artem Koutchine <matrix@ipform.ru>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Power management control (programmatic)

The apm(4) manual page lists a bunch of ioctl's for power management, which
could be used against /dev/apm or /dev/apmctl (I assume). I'd go take a look
at the sources of apm/zzz(8) to see how they're actually implemented.

Ta,

Keith

On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 07:00:32PM +0300, Artem Koutchine wrote:
> Is there any programmatic interface which allows to turn on/off devices
> (hdds any the whole PC)? I, i could probably access the device directly,
> however
> I don't know
> 1) How to do it right
> 2) The command
> I hope there is some c library or maybe utility with source code.
>
> Regards,
> Artem

Keith Jones
E-Business Service Introduction, GBIT-EMEA (Bristol)
E: keith_jones@non.hp.com
T: [+44 117] 312-7602

I don't speak for Hewlett-Packard.